Taylor Takes The Stand

 

 TAYLOR SWIFT took to the stand yesterday to give evidence in the sexual assault case she has brought against radio DJ David Mueller, telling the Denver courtroom where the case is playing out that "he grabbed my bare ass".

“He did not touch my ribs,” she said,report the new York times , when responding to Mueller's suggestion that he may have "inadvertently" touched Swift. “He did not touch my arm. He did not touch my hand. He grabbed my bare ass.”

Taylor Ups Her Preparation For Court Case

She also shut down Mueller's lawyer's line of questioning when he asked Swift why, in the photograph taken of the pair when the alleged assault took place after a concert in 2013 (a key piece of evidence), her skirt did not appear to be raised at the front, responding: "Because my ass is located on the back of my body."

At a later stage of the questioning, Swift continued: “The reason that this was such a devious and sneaky act is that the only thing that was behind me was a wall. [Only a person on the floor] looking up my skirt [could have seen the entire act], and we didn’t have anyone positioned there.”

Taylor's Evidence Made Public

Mueller has denied that he touched Swift inappropriately at the meet-and-greet session after Swift's concert in 2013, after which he was fired from his job at KYGO radio following the accusations made by Swift's team. Earlier this week, Swift's mother told the courtroom that they didn't report it to the police, as they "did not want [Swift] to have to live through endless memes and gifs and anything else tabloid media or internet trolls would be able to come up with; making her relive this awful moment over and over again." It was after Mueller sued Swift for slander, that she countersued him for sexual assault.

A courtroom artist's sketch of Taylor with her lawyer

"I am not going to allow your client make me feel like it is anyway my fault because it isn't," said Swift yesterday when asked how she felt about Mueller losing his job, report the daily mail adding: "I don't know him, but what he did was despicable.

Swift's mother also spoke of her own emotions following the event, when her daughter told her that she had thanked Mueller after the alleged incident. "One of the things I think that stuck with me was that Taylor couldn't believe that after the incident, after he grabbed her, that she thanked him for being there. She said, 'Thank you'. It was destroying her that she said that after someone did that to her. It made me question why I taught her to be so polite in that moment."

Also testifying yesterday was Stephanie Simbeck, the photographer who took the photograph in question. She told the court that she has photographed Swift around 20,000 times at meet-and-greets and had never seen her react the way she did after the photograph was taken with Mueller, moving away with "an uncomfortable look on her face", reports the Daily Mail.

Mueller, who claims he is not guilty of the accusations, completed his testimony on Wednesday, telling jurors: "I'm here to prove that I'm innocent. I had a good reputation in radio and I would like to get it back," adding that he had dropped his request for $3 million in damages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Self Defense Techniques

Four Feared Dead in Ivory Coast Crash.