11 premature babies die from fire outbreak in a hospital in Iraq ,parents blast government

11 premature babies have been killed after fire covered  a hospital in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, hospital and security officials say.

The fire which broke out late on Tuesday inside the maternity unit at the Yarmouk Hospital was extinguished after three hours, but that wasn't fast enough to save the 11 premature babies while 7 other children and 29 women had to be moved to nearby hospitals.

Their Ministry of Health has blamed an electrical fault for the calamity but that didn't stop family members who lost their children and their beloved from taking shades against the government.Hussein Omar, a 30-year-old builder, told the Associated Press;

"I only found charred pieces of flesh, I want my baby boy and girl back. 

The government must give them back to me.

"Eshrak Ahmed Jaasar, 41, who was unable to find her four-day-old nephew."I came early this morning to see my nephew and his mother, but they told me about the fire," she told AP. My nephew is still missing and his mother was moved to another hospital ward."He added:"We pay the hospital employees thousands of Iraqi dinars to allow us in to get our loved ones basic food and milk, which they cannot provide.

It's only a corrupt government that does not care about it's people that allows such a thing to happen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Self Defense Techniques

Four Feared Dead in Ivory Coast Crash.