Quickest Birth Ever??? Mum Gives birth in Three Minutes





Nursery nurse Kat Smith, 36, from Gloucester,
was prepared for the worst after spending 15 and 18 hours in labour with her older two sons
The mum has told how she delivered her own baby in the bath in just THREE MINUTES.Now she claims she felt no pain at all during her recent birth , she thinks this  could be the quickest and most painless birth ever.
    The married mum-of-three was prepared for the worst after spending 15 and 18 hours in labour with her two older sons.She said: “I got in the bath to relax and got out with a baby. I couldn’t believe it.“There was no pain at all, just a bit of pressure and suddenly my baby was in the bath with me.I still can’t believe it.“My first two labours were awful, I never believed it could be possible to give birth so quickly and with no pain. It’s like it never even happened.”Kat discovered she was pregnant in February this year.She and her husband Neil Smith, a logistic supervisor, had thought their family was complete and Kat had applied to become an egg donor to help childless couples conceive.

The process meant they had been using condoms for contraception – so when Kat felt unwell she put it down to a virus.Only when she realised her period was late did she take a test that revealed she was already 12 weeks gone.She said: “It was a surprise, we wanted to help childless couples but ended up pregnant ourselves but we were both thrilled.”The couple were told their baby was due on September 18.At their second scan Neil found out their baby was a boy – but Kat wanted to keep it a surprise.Kat said: “Neil was desperate to find out so I asked him to keep it a secret and we picked a boy and girl name together.”On the morning of the 14th – four days before her due date – Kat was working at a local children’s nursery.
But hours into her shift she felt a ‘niggling’ in her groin and was sent home to rest.Kat said: “I’d felt similar sensations when I woke that morning and told my husband to keep his phone with him at work in case, but I thought it was to be expected as I was nearing my due date.“I certainly wasn’t in any pain. I knew that my labour would take so long anyway that I wasn’t worried.”She left work at 10.45am and felt more niggles on her way home.Kat said: “I wondered if things were starting to happen. But I knew there was no point going to hospital because I’d have hours and hours ahead of me yet and likely be sent home.”Instead she decided to run a relaxing bath and text her friend to come over for a chat.Kat got into the bath at 11.05am and just five minutes later, felt a strong urge to push.
     She said: “There had still been absolutely no pain, I just felt a pressure down below and a need to push. My body just took over and pushed.”To her amazement – and shock – a head then appeared between her legs.Kate recalled: “I hadn’t felt a thing. I couldn’t believe it. I grabbed the phone and rang my husband and told him, ‘The head’s out!’“He said he would ring the ambulance for me.”
    As soon as she put the phone down she felt another urge to push and her baby was born into the water.Kat said: “I scooped him up and saw the cord was wrapped twice around his neck, so I undid it and cuddled him into me to keep him warm. He let out a cry so I knew he was ok.”Incredibly she claimed she felt absolutely no pain at all. At that moment the friend she had text arrived and walked into their bungalow to see the bathroom door open and Kat in the bath with her newborn.
    Kate explained: “We just looked at each other in shock. Neither of us could believe it. I’d only text her a few minutes earlier.”Just then the emergency services called to let Kat know an ambulance was on the way.She said: “I told them it was too late and they started giving me advice on how to deliver the baby.“I had to tell them he was already here and in my arms.”As the baby was still attached to the cord and the placenta had not been delivered, Kat waited in the bath for help to arrive.She said: “We had been told to let the water outso my friend covered us in towels to keep us both warm.“Then my husband rang her phone to ask her tocheck on me as he thought labour might be starting and she had to tell him that his son had already been born.
     My sons were shocked when we told them their brother had been born in the bath, but theysaid I was very brave which was cute.“Ryder is our little miracle.”Yesterday we told howa mum who took six negative pregnancy tests gave birtha day afterdoctors confirmed she was expecting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Self Defense Techniques

Four Feared Dead in Ivory Coast Crash.