Soyinka ‘I do not regret supporting Buhari,’ Nobel Laureate says

Playwright and Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka in an interview, revealed that he supported President Muhammadu Buhari
during the elections, adding that he does not regret taking that decision.
Soyinka also said that Nigeria would not have existed, if former President Goodluck Jonathan won the just concluded elections.
He said this on a Channels Television programme- Channels Book Club
He said “We were left with two credible contestants in terms of catchment area for the nation. We had reached, in my view, the bottom. I became convinced that if this country underwent four more years under President Jonathan, the country would run aground completely. I looked at the record and said this cannot go on, this has to stop.
“Then I looked at this man who had contested elections three times before and said he would not contest anymore and then decided to throw his hat in the ring. I talked to people and I said do you know what you’re doing?”
Soyinka also said “And after weighing all the options, I said let’s try a new one. And since in electoral terms, he was the one, I guardedly, with reservations, announced that no, not a continuation under Jonathan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Self Defense Techniques

Four Feared Dead in Ivory Coast Crash.